My son is in Thailand and has booked on a tour through Vietnam. He is 17 years and travels on a child Australian Passport. How does he get his visa for Vietnam as the tour starts in Hanoi on the 24th Feb. Thank you, Joanna Kahler.

Dear Joanna Kahler,

If your son travels to Vietnam by air, he can apply for a visa approval letter with the Australian passport to get the visa stamped at the Vietnam airport upon arrival. To apply, he can click here. Or you can do so for him.

Click for more information about how Vietnam visa on arrival works.

In case he travels to Vietnam by other means of transport rather than by air, he can visit the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand to apply for a visa to Vietnam.

We hope this information is clear and useful for you and your son.

Kind regards,